Monday, August 2, 2010

Final Trip Prep


I finished sorting through my stuff today and then we loaded up the car which took the better part of the afternoon.  There are still a few bags that need to be added tomorrow, but the car is definitely going to be filled to capacity, hopefully without any really visibility problems.  I'm realizing that a Honda Civic is definitely not meant to be the only vehicle used for moving apartments, especially in conjunction with a 3 week road trip and 7 nights of camping, but we'll make the best of what we have.

Earlier in the week I brought the car into the shop to get a full inspection.  Al of Al's Tire World fame recommended we replace the windshield wipers and also one of the tires b/c a bubble had formed, but said everything else was working great.  We also added an oil change to the list and did a little maintenance work on my right side mirror which has been hanging off since senior year of college, but I was pretty relived no major repair work had to be done and that Al didn't just laugh at us when we said I'd be taking the car across the country the following week.

We also tested out the tent I'll be using on the trip, which hadn't made its way out of our family attic in about 15 years.  It seemed to hold up when soaking it with a garden hose, but I'd prefer if it doesn't get put to a real test in an actual rainstorm.


Outside a bunch of other errands I had to take care of for the trip, the rest of the week was pretty busy too.  Six Flags w/ Smitty on Wednesday.  Mets game with Dad on Thursday.  The city with Orzano, Jimmy and Smitty on Friday.  Engagement party bbq on Saturday.  Extended family for dinner on Sunday. The week kinda flew by and I'm sure I forgot a lot of stuff I was planning on taking care of, but oh well.  Tomorrow I'm off to Pittsburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment